Sweating is clearly one of the best ways not only to lose weight but also to get our body rid of the unnecessary toxins. However, when you’re injured or not able to work out, the best way to sweat is to sit into an infrared sauna.

What is an infrared sauna?

While traditional saunas first heat the air around you with conventional heat, infrared saunas instead warm directly your body by using electromagnetic radiation. Moreover, traditional saunas operate at a higher temperature, usually around 150-180˚F (65-82˚C), than infrared ones which are typically between 120-140˚F (48-60˚C). Manufacturers claim that only 20% of the heat goes to the air and the remaining 80% warms up the body in an infrared sauna. Heat penetrates deeper than warmed air, according to this, you can experience a more intense sweat at a lower temperature thus stay longer in the sauna while increasing your body temperature.

Detoxification

Our fantastic body is capable of detoxifying itself, at the same time we can help increase this process. As we mentioned above, sweating is one of the best and most natural ways of the body to eliminate toxins. In contrast of Swedish saunas, you can get rid of about seven times more toxins in an infrared sauna. You should always pay special attention to replace calcium, magnesium and potassium as they also eliminate by sweating.

Increase circulation

Infrared sauna therapy is often called “passive cardio” because the high temperature can also increase your body temperature, hence your circulation enhances at the same time. Furthermore, it drives your heart rate to a similar level as you do a moderately intensive physical exercise. Infrared sauna efficiently lowers blood pressure and can stimulate blood flow owing to its cardiovascular effects documented in the past few years.

Relaxation

The enormous amount of stress we have daily tends to totally destroy our health resulting serious illnesses. Even short-term stressful situations generate radical rise in cortisol, the primary stress hormone of your body, keeping this level high for hours. Infrared sauna promotes relaxation likewise a great hot bath, as the heat that is generated in the room helps you relax your muscles and relieve tension throughout your whole body. It increases the balance of cortisol, allowing you to destress and relax.

Flawless skin

Since infrared wavelengths eliminate toxins from your pores, they help increase face circulation and the production of collagen and elastin. Additionally, thanks to the raised blood flow, they improve the delivery of nutrients to the skin resulting elastic, clear, softer, supple and healthy skin cells. After a few months of use, you are going to experience a flawless, glowing skin without applying thick layers of makeup.

All in all, despite of the several great benefits of infrared sauna, you should definitely consult your doctor before starting it, especially if you take medicines, have sensitive skin or previously had heart problems. It is a powerful device which can change your perspiration and your heart rates.