The Diode 808 Laser is the gold standard in Permanent Hair Removal and is suitable on all pigmented hair and skin types—including tanned skin.
- The 808nm near infrared laser is best for absorbing melanin so that it is highly effective in different parts of skin, hair follicles and reach to removing any hair easily, with lasting results.
- Suitable for all skin types
- The technology behind the Diode 808 laser ensures the skin absorbs less laser, reducing the risk of hyper-pigmentation.
- Sapphire touch cooling system can make sure that treatment more safe and painless.
How does diode 808 laser hair removal work?
Using selective light absorption, the Diode 808 laser is preferentially absorbed by the melanin of the hair. The light energy is taken up by the hair follicle and converted to heat energy, and minimal energy is transferred to the skin. This preferentially heats the hair and its DNA, while reducing oxygen organization around hair follicle – reducing the chance of hair regrowth. Special cooling technology is applied simultaneously during treatment to cool the skin and protect skin.
The Diode 808 laser permanently reduces hair on all skin types, including very fair skin and olive or African-American skin. Treatments are most effective on medium to dark hair on any skin type. Fine and light hair is very difficult to treat. Blonde, red, white and gray hair cannot be treated.
Please read our comparison between IPL and laser for hair removal and why we do not advocate the use of IPL here: LASER vs IPL.
Are the Diode 808 laser hair removal treatments painful?
Most patients feel a warm sting as the laser penetrates the hair follicle. Many people describe the sensation as the snap of a rubber band against their skin. To minimize the discomfort, a topical anesthesia and cool gel is applied to the skin before treatment.
How many diode 808 laser hair removal treatments do I need?
Laser treatments impair the growth capacity of the hair follicles when they are in the active growth stage. Not all follicles are active at the same time and several treatments, every few weeks, may be necessary to obtain the desired result. The number of treatments needed to achieve hair reduction varies. Most patients experience a marked reduction in hair growth in 4 to 6 treatments. Additionally, other factors such as hair density, age and hormones can affect the results of your treatments. It would be fair to say that you will require at least 4 treatments, one month apart to obtain best results.
Diode 808 Laser Hair Removal Treatment Risks
- Any laser has the risk of hyperpigmentation if you expose the areas treated to sunlight. The sun is very strong in Bali and you must wear SPF 40+ every day on all the areas treated and stay out of the sun and cover up. We are not responsible for any problem with hyperpigmenation, this is caused by exposure to the sunlight, not by our lasers.
- Dark and tanned skins are best not to be treated with laser. Even bottle bronzer or self-tan is not to be used prior to any laser treatment.
- Just 1 session will not guarantee your skin issue will resolve. You usually need around 4-6 sessions, depending on the particular skin issue and how resistant it is to the laser treatment.
Come and visit us and see how we can help you – book now for a free doctor’s consultation.