Dermal Fillers | Facial Fillers | Wrinkle fillers
Injectables such as dermal fillers are very suitable for treating fine to deep wrinkles, restore volume to the face and even augment facial structure. The type of dermal fillers we use are formulated with a hyaluronic acid base, a sugar naturally available in human skin, therefore allergic reactions are extremely rare. Dermal fillers last from 3-18 months depending on which one is used. The most advanced dermal filler used at Cocoon Medical Spa – Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra Plus and Juvederm Voluma – includes a local anaesthetic in the dermal filler which markedly reduces any pain of injection, making the whole process much more stress free. If required, a local anaesthetic block is offered to make the procedure of dermal fillers completely painless.
The Benefits of Dermal Fillers
Hyaluronic acid works by binding to water similar to the way a sponge absorbs liquid. Once injected, they hydrate the skin in the treated region and act as a cushion. Different formulations allow for certain products to work better for different skin areas. Smaller particle formulations are better for softer areas like lips, and the structure in larger particle sizes is best suited for deep folds like the nasolabial area (between the nose and cheek).
What are Dermal Fillers best for?
- Correcting facial wrinkles such as smile lines and marionette lines
- Smoothing out frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines
- Reducing folds in the face
- Reducing the appearance of scars, acne scars or pockmarks
- Hiding bags, dark circles and hollow areas under the eyes
- Creating/sculpting fuller, more beautiful lips and smoothing out lip wrinkles
- Lifting eyebrows up to their youthful position
- Lifting up sagging corners of the mouth
- Re-balancing and bring symmetry to the face
- Enhancing and lifting flattened, sunken cheeks
- Restoring volume to sagging jowls and creating a straighter jaw line
- Creating a more prominent and defined chin
- Restoring the symmetry to some irregularities of the nose including dips or bumps
Post Treatment Care
Proper care of the treated area include no makeup, strenuous exercise or alcohol for up to 24 hours after your visit. We also recommend no extended sun exposure or freezing temperatures for up to 2 weeks post visit. If you experience any itching, swelling or redness to the treated area, an ice pack would be helpful.
What To Expect of Dermal Fillers?
Initially, there will be mild swelling so actual results won’t be visible until 3 days later. Since hyaluronic acids are eventually absorbed by your body, the length of results is dependent on the patient, the location of injection, and the particular product used. Typically, results in high mobility areas (such as the lips) last up to 3 months, and up to 1 year for the nasolabial area. All other areas vary from 6-9 months, therefore treatment should be repeated every 9-12 months to maintain results. As with all injection-related treatments, dermal fillers carry usual risks of mild redness, bruising and possible adverse reactions depending on product.
Packages that includes Dermal Fillers
For better results, we recommend you take a package. This will give you better, more visible results, that last much longer than single treatments. All packages have been formulated by some of the most experienced cosmetic Doctors in Australia and UK – all combined the best technology, products and services to give visible results to common skin and health problems.
Sign up now to get the price list, promotions and news